Educating the minds and hearts of twenty-first century students
Spaces To Excel
A Nightingale education has always provided a strong foundation in the liberal arts and fostered the intellectual and personal development of its students. Our curriculum aims to build intellectual rigor, cross-cultural understanding, and the skills needed for future learning, including how to negotiate our complex, technological world. The current renovation and expansion of the schoolhouse supports these goals by creating spaces that encourage discourse, exploration, and innovation.
Spaces to collaborate
Effective leadership in the modern world requires both a strong sense of self and the ability to empathize with others. It also requires the capacity to address issues of global significance. In a renovated schoolhouse, Nightingale will continue to nurture girls’ emotional intelligence and provide the type of global education they need to effect change. This will happen, however, in spaces better suited to that purpose.
Renovations and expansion include:
- Presentation spaces, including a black box theater and public speaking room, reinforce our commitment to helping every girl find her voice.
- Gathering spaces throughout the building—such as the Upper School Commons, Middle School Hub, and Lower School library—are designed to encourage social interaction and relationship building.
- Integrated technology in the classrooms will allow teachers to expand learning beyond the blue doors and across the globe.
- Seminar rooms and the Open Doors center will give girls the chance to think about their place in the world and to connect with others.
- Reconfigured classrooms of varying sizes and configurations that are easily adaptable to different modes of instruction and learning.
- STEAM facilities, such as new art studios, science labs, and a rooftop greenhouse, all of which exemplify our commitment to science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics education.
- Beautifully redesigned libraries that will cultivate a love of reading, as well as modern research skills.
- A fitness center to help girls strike a healthy mind-body balance.